I don’t like children. On the whole, I think they’re expensive, gross little petri dishes that ask too many questions. Besides, FAT and PREGNANT is hard to pull off (unless you’re the amazing Tess Holiday — loooove her!!). I remember, vividly, the first time someone […]
It kind of feels like, my one year blogiversary just happened. I mean, it kind of did. Technically a year ago, even though I just posted about it a few months ago. I love following the bloggers who can multitask. Those magical creatures who can […]
I almost forgot – it’s my blogiversary (Okay, it was on Aug 15th, but better late than never – you know how that save draft button gets me)!! Apparently, it’s a thing. I didn’t know it was a thing. I’m super excited about it anyway! I didn’t have anything prepared for the occasion, but I was reading a post from one of the lovely blogs that I follow [The Rose Quartz].
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I would guess that I’m about 22. I still make foolish choices that I should have outgrown by now…like eating waaaaay too much and then wondering why my pants don’t fit.
- Which is worse, failing or never trying?
I don’t like failing, but I hate the “what if” scenario. If you never try, you’ll never know. Never tying is a million times worse than failing.
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I hope not.
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
Kindness – there never seems to be enough of it.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Kitten cuddling. I would be the world’s greatest kitten cuddler.
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would have taken less time to ‘figure things out’.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I don’t think that anyone else was making poor choices for me. I think that I’ve been pretty responsible for where I’ve landed.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
If you’re going to do something, you might as well do it right.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Would you break the law to save a loved one?
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Of course! They’re the best of friends.
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I certainly don’t lack in candor. I think that other people are much better at sugar coating it.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
We all have different needs.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
I want to write. Crippling fear. This blog is me testing the water.
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
I hold onto a lot of anger.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
I’d go anywhere.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
For sure! What if I only thought I pushed it the first time, but didn’t actually push it? Better be sure and push it again.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Since I’m already a worrier, I think I’d like to try the other side of the coin for a bit.
- Why are you, you?
A lack of therapy and a lot of poor choices.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
Yes! Tell me the truth. I may not like it, but I will respect the honesty. Don’t hold back.
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
I think losing touch is the worst. It doesn’t matter the distance.
- What are you most grateful for?
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Ack! Neither?!? If I have to choose I would say lose all of my old memories. Keep moving forward, right?
- Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
No. I have yet to be confronted by thousands of snakes outside of my house.
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
No. I have a pretty wicked temper. I bottle things up, I eventually blow up and then fizzle out.
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
I can’t pinpoint one particular instance, but I’m sure that it involves my family gathered around my Nana’s table.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Wow. I actually don’t know.
- If not now, then when?
Start it on Monday.
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Time. Doing things is so time consuming.
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
I love being with people that don’t feel the need to fill the silence with chatter.
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
No one wants to be wrong. Extremists take conflicting views as an affront to their core beliefs and feel the need to take a stand against it.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
There’s a lot of gray area.
- If you just won a million pounds, would you quit your job?
No. That money won’t last forever.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
If I enjoy the work, bring it on. If it sucks, less work for sure.
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
It’s one big loop.
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
I come up with some great ideas, only to realize that maybe they weren’t so great.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
Friends and family.
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Is there a difference?
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
When the reward outweighs the risk.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
No one likes to be wrong.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
I’m sick at the moment, so every breath.
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
At the moment I love – Knitting, Pole Fit, Apple Watch, Cool Touch Kleenex, Coffee, Tacos, sleeping in, Winter break (from school), Short hair and watching tv. I slept until 1PM today and then had some coffee while on winter break.
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
It’s all one big loop. No.
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I’m making them – unless it’s what to have for dinner – I don’t care, just feed me.
But, for real…whoa. When I say that I’ve been in college for a long time, I’m not exaggerating. I’ve been enrolled in college courses for, what will be, this month, 16 years. You’ve read that right, sixteen years. I haven’t graduated with any degree yet, […]
Holy shit. Can I just tell you what an ordeal it has been to transfer my followers to my new site? It’s literally been months since I started this process. Finally, tonight, the issue was solved. I don’t know what that issue was, but it’s fixed!!! I can reach you!! Hi Friends!!!
I’ve been a little busy with life. Okay, most people wouldn’t think it’s busy, but I feel busy. I’ve been volunteering, working out at least four days a week, eating (mostly) clean, taking my vitimins AND doing meal prep. I know!! I can’t believe it either! I must be doing something right because as of today I am down 19.2lbs!! Squeeeeeeeee!!!!
I didn’t have a blog ready to post so this will be short, but I’m soo happy to be back…again. xoxo
Why is it when you start losing weight, everyone becomes an expert on your health? It’s funny, really. My favorite bit of advice is “don’t lose it too fast, or you’ll gain it all back”. Losing weight fast hasn’t ever been a problem for me, […]
It’s Saturday, so Tuesday’s Gone for real. Tuesday was when this site was supposed to be up and active. I missed my self imposed deadline, fuck. I’m in the office and trying desperately to finish working on this site and tweaking. I’m so critical of […]